Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Future.

So, I had a really long talk with my mum today about possible job opportunities for the future. Right now, i'm studying a bachelor of hospitality and tourism management to go into hotel management once i finish uni. I always thought this is what I wanted but at this moment i really don't think it is. Maybe events management, or producing. Something that will change everyday and excite me to go to work. I'm not saying that hotel management wouldn't do this, its just that's not what i picture myself doing in the future for ages. I just don't. I want a different sort of job rather than the norm. I want to make something out of my life and not just stand behind a desk for it.

I'm going to change. I'm looking for a new job at this moment, and middle of next year i'm thinking of going to Connecticut for a holiday to see Elodie, or meet her in New York. I just need to get away from this place. Mum even suggested moving with Elodie to London to live for a while.. i'm thinking i will, and then make the move to america. I know that's where I belong, I can just feel it in my bones.

1 comment:

  1. Why do I never read your blog?? That has to change. I didn't know you talked about me on there! And I didn't know that you talked me with your mum :P

    And I think that you should do whatever makes you happy. If you're not happy with the thought of working in hotel management, then don't do it. You're going to work for decades. You need to do something that you like.

    Love,
    Elodie

    ReplyDelete